Sunday 24 December 2006

Modules 1 & 2 Quizz

I've finally gone back to do the quizz, having forgotten about it. Might need to do a touch of revision already.

View Results

Name: Jennifer Murray
Attempt: 1 / Unlimited
Started: 08:00 24/12/06
Finished: 08:11 24/12/06
Time spent: 11 min. 12 sec.

Total score: 13 / 20 = 65.0%


Q7 The World Wide Web is currently being monitored and regulated as a whole by ICANN.
True or False?
Student Response: True
Score: 0/1

Q9 When you use a mail client such as Pegasus, your incoming messages are downloaded through the SMTP server. True or False?
Student Response: True
Score: 0/1

Q14 The Usenet is a distributed system of messages and is divided into ...?
Student Response: groups
Score: 0/1

Q15 When using ICQ, apart from nickname, first name, last name and ICQ number, what other parameter can you use to search for existing members?
Student Response: Not answered
Score: 0/1

Q17 WS-FTP, Bulletproof FTP and Fetch enable the transferring of files between computers and are examples of separate stand alone programs otherwise known collectively as ...?
Student Response: ftps
Score: 0/1

After checking the module 2 discussion board, Kerri Bennet in #952 said FTP Client, which suggest that I should use proper terminology, and not be lazy. She also suggested looking at the following site:


Q18 If I don't have an account on an FTP server, I would need to logon as an anonymous user. To do this I would use [Answer1] for the username and my [Answer2] as the password. (The answer to this question needs to be in the following format: Answer1, Answer2)
Student Response: Not answered
Score: 0/1

Q19 I am interested in finding out the time it takes to send and receive a small text packet to a server. What command would I use?
Student Response: traceroute
Score: 0/1

So, I'm off to go do some more reading. But hey its christmas eve, I've done all my shopping and maybe i'll go and have a coffee instead.

No comments: