Wednesday 27 December 2006

Module Three - Legal Issues & Copyright

First, visit the Copyright Website, which provides a good overview of copyright issues related to the net, with information on ‘fair use’ and ‘public domains’.

Next, go to the Curtin home page and find the policy documents that relate to copyright and IP in IT use.


Drawing on these sources, consider these questions:

* have you used images or words on your web page or website that contravene copyright laws?

No. I create all my own images, usually.

In a previous post on Newsgroups & Chat I found information supporting my stance regarding issues of security about MSN. I have sourced and linked where I found that quote text.

* Would you be in breach of copyright if you put the Curtin logo at the top of your web page for an assignment?

The Curtin logo is the Intellectual Property of Curtin University. I am unsure if I would legally be able to use the logo on a site (for assignment) within the Curtin Intranet. I most assuredly would not be able to use it outside of the Curtin space, without written authorisation from Curtin Corporate Services.



No comments: